SKY-HERO is looking for a Mechanical Engineer, based in Brussels and starting as soon as possible.
SKY-HERO is a dynamic, flexible, fast-growing company specialised in drones. At SKY-HERO, we conceive, design, produce and commercialise drones and robots with a target market in civil security worldwide.
Fully developed, tested, and manufactured in Europe, the SKY-HERO’s Unified Indoor Tactical Recon Robots System has already been deployed to over 1,000 special operations teams worldwide.
To give you an idea, 95% of our sales are international !!
A use case? Our drones are used in special operations missions and rescue operations where ground robots are not able to cross or get past an obstacle to move forward safely.
Being part of SKY-HERO will enable you to evolve in a flexible and young environment, work on high-tech products with a complete control on the entire development & production process (very few building bricks of our products are outsourced) and in close collaboration with all stakeholders of the product design teams.
SKY-HERO manages the entire value-added chain of product creation, from mechanical design to software implementation; and is actively seeking to increase the scope of its operations. We are therefore looking for new collaborators, mainly to grow our engineering team.
Why join us?
By joining SKY-HERO, you’re becoming part of a team that values integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence. Here, you will grow, learn and improve your knowledge through on-the-job experience. We are one team, accomplishing incredible things.
Since 2013, SKY-HERO has been a company of high-level engineers and professionals committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ mission-critical needs. This enables us to use our depth of robotic and unmanned vehicles expertise to equip them with the most appropriate system to their most pressing challenges.
As Mechanical Engineer at Sky-Hero you will :
- Take the responsibility for the mechanical design of one or several new products, from concept to production
- Collaborate with the Electronics, Software, Production and Purchasing teams
- Coordinate suppliers to achieve on-time development, check part feasibility and solve production issues.
- Manage prototyping, perform test and evaluation on the products
- Support our manufacturing facilities to solve quality/assembly issues
- Initiate improvement of existing products
Nice to have requirements
Any experience with the following is a plus :
- Basic electronics skills (reading simple schematics, using a multi-meter and oscilloscope)
- Experience with production management
- Experience with UAVs
Must have requirements
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of several manufacturing processes (injection moulding, CNC machining…)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Product Development
- Proficiency with at least one CAD software (2D&3D), Autodesk Inventor preferred.
- Experience with tolerance settings, material selection and prototyping
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- English proficiency required, French and or Dutch are a plus
What do we expect from our collaborators?
- Successful delivery of complex projects
- Rigor and precision in the execution of all tasks related to mechanical engineering
- Capable to work with agility, under pressure, with tight deadline in an ever changing environment
- Proactive thinking and open-minded discussions with all the stakeholders of the project
- Not being afraid to be out of the comfort zone, and be ready to learn new technologies