SKY-HERO is looking for a Test Engineer, based in Brussels and starting as soon as possible.
Sky-Hero is a dynamic, flexible, fast-growing company specialised in drones and located in Brussels. At Sky-Hero, we conceive, design, produce and commercialise drones with a target market in civil security.
After the successful release and commercialisation of a first version of its indoor drone (Loki 1.0), the company has now released the second, much more advanced, version (Loki Mk2). Our clients range from Police Anti-Terrorist Teams to International Security companies, rescue teams and Army Special Forces.
The Loki Mk2 being built as a platform, we are now actively looking for new collaborators to reinforce our development team. In that context, the focus would be on finalising the developments of the current generation and be part of the kick start of the development of our third generation.
Being part of Sky-Hero will enable you to evolve in a flexible and young environment, work on high-tech products with a complete control on the entire development & production process (very few building bricks of our products are outsourced) and in close collaboration with all stakeholders of the product design teams.
Why join us?
By joining SKY-HERO, you’re becoming part of a team that values integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence. Here, you will grow, learn and improve your knowledge through on-the-job experience. We are one team, accomplishing incredible things.
Since 2013, SKY-HERO has been a company of high-level engineers and professionals committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ mission-critical needs. This enables us to use our depth of robotic and unmanned vehicles expertise to equip them with the most appropriate system to their most pressing challenges.
As Test Engineer at Sky-Hero you will :
- Design and implementation production test equipment.
- Create manual test procedures.
- Create automated testing tools and infrastructure.
- Investigate and implement hardware-in-the-loop automated testing.
- Setup and grow a CI/CD pipeline in collaboration with the software team.
- Coordinate and participate in manual testing efforts.
- Document product requirements.
- Cooperate with the engineering team at the design stage to assure product testability.
- Improve and develop tools and procedures for trouble shooting hardware.
Must have requirements
- Bachelor in electronics or software engineering.
- Relevant experience in a comparable role.
- An analytical mind able to internalize and document requirements.
- Basic electronics skills, able to read and understand a schematic.
- Good hands-on skills, basic mechanical and soldering skills.
- Good programming skills using the Python language.
- Comfortable using Git.
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- English proficiency required, French and or Dutch are a plus
Nice to have requirements
Any experience with the following is a plus :
- Automated test software or systems.
- CI/CD or DevOps systems.
- Bed-of-nails testers.
- Drones, quadcopters, remotely operated toys …
- A very competitive annual salary
- Dynamic, flexible, fast-growing environment
- A flat hierarchy (everyone has a real voice at SKY-HERO)
- Great offices
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our offices in Brussels (or partial teleworking), with availabilities to travel (mostly Europe) from time to time
What do we expect from our collaborators ?
- Successful delivery of complex projects
- Rigor and precision in the execution of all tasks related to mechanical engineering
- Capable to work with agility, under pressure, with tight deadline in an ever changing environment
- Proactive thinking and open-minded discussions with all the stakeholders of the project
- Not being afraid to be out of the comfort zone, and be ready to learn new technologies