JOIN AXON AND SKY-HERO DIVISION
AND BE A FORCE FOR GOOD
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon Air provides software, hardware, and services to make Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (more commonly, “drones”) accessible for public safety. Axon recently acquired Sky-Hero, the leading Brussels-based provider of tactical UAVs and UGVs, focused on indoor use by elite tactical teams in law enforcement and military special operations.
We are seeking an Electronics Test Engineer to support the Sky-Hero team in Brussels, working on the development of cutting edge UAV and UVG reconnaissance products. Drones are already a vital tool to ensure safer and better outcomes for both law enforcement officers and the communities they serve. Axon is in a unique position to build the ecosystem to accelerate this trend and to leverage the latest developments in drone technology to protect life.
What You’ll Do
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
- Improve the existing drone ecosystem by developing additional modules on the available electronics
- Start the research work for new technologies we are planning to use in the next generation and start the prototype and development work for the upcoming products
- These R&D projects include several subjects, as various as sensor benchmarking, navigation in constrained environments, in display analysis etc.
What You Bring
- PhD or MSc/Engineer degree with demonstrable experience in relevant fields (robotics, computer vision, computer science, AI-ML, software engineering)
- Hands-on experience with real robots and perception sensors such as stereo cameras, LIDAR, and time-of-flight cameras
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in computer vision related fields
- Programming languages: good C knowledge in an embedded context, good Python skills and proficient in at least one other major programming language
- English proficiency required, French and or Dutch are a plus
Any experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience with ROS & ROS2 and simulation in Gazebo (additional robotics middleware or simulators are desirable)
- Experience with use of Linux on embedded systems
- Basic electronics knowledge is a plus (use of oscilloscope, DMM, etc.)
- Experience with the rust programming language
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive Base Salary
- 30 Vacation Days per Year
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Restricted Stock Unit Eligibility
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.