JOIN AXON AND SKY-HERO DIVISION
AND BE A FORCE FOR GOOD
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon Air provides software, hardware, and services to make Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (more commonly, “drones”) accessible for public safety. Axon recently acquired Sky-Hero, the leading Brussels-based provider of tactical UAVs and UGVs, focused on indoor use by elite tactical teams in law enforcement and military special operations.
We are seeking a Senior RF/Mesh Network Engineer to support the Sky-Hero team in Brussels, working on the development of cutting edge UAV and UVG reconnaissance products. Drones are already a vital tool to ensure safer and better outcomes for both law enforcement officers and the communities they serve. Axon is in a unique position to build the ecosystem to accelerate this trend and to leverage the latest developments in drone technology to protect life.
What You’ll Do
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
- Drive research and development for a new wireless mesh networking solution that will be the backbone of all future Sky-Hero products
- Closely work with the hardware / rf engineers to fit proposed solutions to the particular requirements and limitations of the environment in which Sky-Hero products operate
- Design and implement software components for new products
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of existing code bases
- Participate in research work on new technologies
- Implement proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Participate in the development of internal tools and test systems
What You Bring
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Relevant experience in wireless networking protocols and more specifically mesh networks
- Proven experience with mobile and low-power wireless networking stacks
- Excellent C skills, knowledge of Python and at least one other programming language
- Experience with Linux and more specifically the Linux networking stack
- Comfortable with Git, GCC, CMake
- English proficiency required, French and or Dutch are a plus
Any experience with the following is a plus:
- RF communications
- Using Linux on embedded systems
- Basic electronics knowledge is a plus (use of oscilloscope, DMM, etc.)
- The Rust programming language and ecosystem
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive Base Salary
- 30 Vacation Days per Year
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Restricted Stock Unit Eligibility
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.